The City of Grande Prairie is the sole owner of the information collected on the Websites. The City of Grande Prairie collects information from users of the Websites in several ways:
1. Job Seeker Registration, Account Activation Users seeking employment by posting a resume on any of The City of Grande Prairie's service websites are required to enter information including name, address, email address and other demographic information necessary for an employer to contact the individual for any job opportunities. The City of Grande Prairie does not sell or otherwise make available for use any of this contact information except for the purposes mentioned above. Other users seeking employment through our service are prohibited from viewing your contact information. Only authorized Employers are able to view the contact information provided by users seeking employment.
2. Profile We store information that we collect on a secure database which is accessible only by administrators for The City of Grande Prairie. Collected information is tied to the user’s personally identifiable information and is used to provide offers or to target the content of the site for the user. This profile is used to tailor a user's visit to the Websites, and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to users. While this profile information may be shared in aggregate form, it is not otherwise shared with third parties.
4. Log Files Like most standard Website servers we use log files. These log files are not linked to personally identifiable information.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE SITE The City of Grande Prairie communicates and interacts with its users in various ways, described in more detail below. Out of respect for our users’ privacy, we provide opt-out options for these optional communications (please see the choice and opt-out sections below for more detail).
5. Special Offers and Updates All new members to the site receive a welcoming email to verify password and username.
6. Job/Candidate Matches If a user wishes to subscribe to our automatic email service that provides matches to criteria (candidates/Job Opportunities) selected, we require a user to create an account with us (please refer to information collection above.)
7. Service Announcements On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a service-related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. We also communicate with users on a periodic basis regarding notification of changes to service, or of a resolution to an account issue via email or phone, in accordance with users’ wishes.
8. Legal Disclaimer Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, disclosure of personal information may be required by law, for example, where it is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding or court order.
9. Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable) Aggregate demographic information is shared with our business partners and advertisers. This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
10. Business Reorganization In the event The City of Grande Prairie merges, reorganizes or is sold in whole or in part to another company, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. If as a result of the business transition, the users' personal information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be notified.
11. Choice/Opt-out Users of The City of Grande Prairie and associated sites are given the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having their information used for purposes not directly related to the Website at the point information is requested. For example, our order form has an 'opt-out' mechanism that allows users to choose to not be included in marketing material mailers. Users not wishing to receive our newsletter and promotional communications may opt not to receive these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This allows users to make an informed choice as to whether they should proceed with services that require an outside party.
12. Links The Websites contain links to other sites. Please be aware that The City of Grande Prairie is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave The City of Grande Prairie or related sites and to read the privacy statements of other sites that collect personal identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by The City of Grande Prairie and related sites.
13. Surveys Periodically users receive requests to complete surveys or enter contests. Participation in these
surveys or contests is completely voluntary. The user can choose whether or not to disclose this information. Contact information collected for a contest will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of The City of Grande Prairie's service. Users' personal identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and the use is approved.
The City of Grande Prairie uses security precautions to protect our users' information, which are appropriate given the sensitivity of the personal information collected. If users have any questions about our security policy, users can email questions to email@example.com.
CORRECTING/UPDATING/DELETING/DEACTIVATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If a user's personal identifiable information changes or if a user no longer desires our service, there is a provision to correct, update or delete/deactivate users' personal identifiable information. This can be done by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WEBSITES USE
The City of Grande Prairie
Postal Address: PO Bag 4000, Grande Prairie, AB, T8V 6V3
Web site: www.cityofgp.com
Terms and Conditions
https://jobs.cityofgp.com and associated Websites (collectively referred to as the “Websites”) are managed by the City of Grande Prairie. The City of Grande Prairie offers this service to human resources seeking staffing resources to match with those seeking employment. The City of Grande Prairie requires that you (the “User”) agree to these terms and conditions of use. Carefully read all of the terms and conditions below. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions please do not continue browsing the Websites.
BY CONTINUING TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITES, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. PERMITTED AND PROHIBITED USES
i. The City of Grande Prairie grants you, subject to these terms and conditions, a non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access, read and download one copy of the Websites content for the limited purpose of accessing, viewing and using the Websites through internet browser software.
ii. This Websites may not be used to upload to, post, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish any content which is:
a. unlawful, obscene, pornographic, harassing, threatening, invasive, abusive, defamatory, libelous, hateful, encourages criminal conduct or is in any way objectionable;
b. an infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including, but not limited to a violation of anyone's copyrights or trademarks;
c. in violation of any applicable law, advocating illegal activity, or advertising or otherwise soliciting funds or is a solicitation for goods or services;
d. incomplete, contains false information or is not entirely your own, or for which you do not have full rights to use; or
e. gathered for the purpose of selling employer, potential employee or user data.
iii. Users of the Websites shall not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Websites; without limiting the foregoing, Users agree not to:
a. send to other users, potential employees or employers unsolicited email, spam, promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
b. attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Websites or the underlying system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
c. submit a virus or malicious code to the Websites, overload, or cause the Websites to crash. Any violations of this kind will be investigated, and The City of Grande Prairie will take the necessary steps to work with enforcement authorities to prosecute such violations;
d. engage in any activity that is considered, in the sole discretion of The City of Grande Prairie, to restrict or inhibit any other User from their normal intended use of the Websites.
2. SUBMISSIONS BY USERS
Users of Websites agree that any material, including but not limited to questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, notes, drawings, original or creative materials or other information, provided by Users in the form of email or submissions to The City of Grande Prairie, or postings on the Websites, are non-confidential and are the sole property of The City of Grande Prairie along with any intellectual property rights associated therewith. The City of Grande Prairie shall own exclusive rights and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of these materials for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, and you hereby waive all right, including moral rights, associated with such materials.
The content and materials on the Websites are provided on an "as is" basis and without warranty, representation or condition of any kind, either express or implied including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. The City of Grande Prairiedoes not represent or warrant that content or materials available on the Websites are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. The City of Grande Prairie does not represent or warrant that the Websites or its server(s) are free of viruses or other harmful components or that the Websites will be available or accessible at any given time.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The City of Grande Prairie shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages or any other damages of any kind, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits, or loss of data, whether in an action in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with your use or access of the Websites or the content or materials contained in or accessed through the Websites.
As a User, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The City of Grande Prairie, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal fees and expenses for any information or content you provide on or through the Websites or any use or misuse of the contents or materials on the Websites including, without limitation infringement claims.
8. PRIVACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The terms and conditions described in this document are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Alberta, Canada. The City of Grande Prairie reserves the right to make changes and corrections to the terms and conditions for use of the Websites at any time, without notice.
10. GENERAL RULES
i. Communications between human resources and potential employees, and any concerns arising from these communications are the sole responsibility of Users of the Websites.
ii. Removing or altering any material posted by other users on this site is strictly prohibited. Modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, reproducing, publishing, selling, transferring or licensing information on the Websites is prohibited.
iii. For your convenience, links to other Websites or resources not associated with the Websites are provided. Links to such Websites is not an endorsement of the linked site. If you decide to access linked third-party Websites, you do so at your own risk.
iv. These terms and conditions, including any changes made to the terms and conditions from time to time, constitute the entire agreement between you and The City of Grande Prairie relating to your use of the Websites, and supersedes all previous agreements, written, oral or otherwise, between you and The City of Grande Prairie with respect to your use of the Website.
v. If any provision of these terms and conditions are found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the rest of these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
vi. These terms and conditions ensure to the benefit of and are binding upon each of The City of Grande Prairie and its successors and assigns and related persons, and you and your heirs, executors, administrators, successors, permitted assigns, and personal representatives. You may not assign your rights and obligations under these terms and conditions without the express prior written consent of The City of Grande Prairie which may be withheld in The City of Grande Prairie's sole discretion. The City of Grande Prairie may assign its rights and obligations without your consent. No consent or waiver by either party to or of any breach or default by the other party in its performance of these terms and conditions will be deemed or construed to be a consent to or waiver of a continuing breach or default or any other breach or default of those or any other obligations of that party. No consent or waiver will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties.