The City of Grande Prairie is the sole owner of the information collected on the Websites. The City of Grande Prairie collects information from users of the Websites in several ways:
1. Job Seeker Registration, Account Activation Users seeking employment by posting a resume on any of The City of Grande Prairie's service websites are required to enter information including name, address, email address and other demographic information necessary for an employer to contact the individual for any job opportunities. The City of Grande Prairie does not sell or otherwise make available for use any of this contact information except for the purposes mentioned above. Other users seeking employment through our service are prohibited from viewing your contact information. Only authorized Employers are able to view the contact information provided by users seeking employment.
2. Profile We store information that we collect on a secure database which is accessible only by administrators for The City of Grande Prairie. Collected information is tied to the user’s personally identifiable information and is used to provide offers or to target the content of the site for the user. This profile is used to tailor a user's visit to the Websites, and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to users. While this profile information may be shared in aggregate form, it is not otherwise shared with third parties.
4. Log Files Like most standard Website servers we use log files. These log files are not linked to personally identifiable information.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE SITE The City of Grande Prairie communicates and interacts with its users in various ways, described in more detail below. Out of respect for our users’ privacy, we provide opt-out options for these optional communications (please see the choice and opt-out sections below for more detail).
5. Special Offers and Updates All new members to the site receive a welcoming email to verify password and username.
6. Job/Candidate Matches If a user wishes to subscribe to our automatic email service that provides matches to criteria (candidates/Job Opportunities) selected, we require a user to create an account with us (please refer to information collection above.)
7. Service Announcements On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a service-related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send users an email. Generally, users may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. We also communicate with users on a periodic basis regarding notification of changes to service, or of a resolution to an account issue via email or phone, in accordance with users’ wishes.
8. Legal Disclaimer Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, disclosure of personal information may be required by law, for example, where it is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding or court order.
9. Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable) Aggregate demographic information is shared with our business partners and advertisers. This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
10. Business Reorganization In the event The City of Grande Prairie merges, reorganizes or is sold in whole or in part to another company, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. If as a result of the business transition, the users' personal information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be notified.
11. Choice/Opt-out Users of The City of Grande Prairie and associated sites are given the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having their information used for purposes not directly related to the Website at the point information is requested. For example, our order form has an 'opt-out' mechanism that allows users to choose to not be included in marketing material mailers. Users not wishing to receive our newsletter and promotional communications may opt not to receive these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This allows users to make an informed choice as to whether they should proceed with services that require an outside party.
12. Links The Websites contain links to other sites. Please be aware that The City of Grande Prairie is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave The City of Grande Prairie or related sites and to read the privacy statements of other sites that collect personal identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by The City of Grande Prairie and related sites.
13. Surveys Periodically users receive requests to complete surveys or enter contests. Participation in these
surveys or contests is completely voluntary. The user can choose whether or not to disclose this information. Contact information collected for a contest will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of The City of Grande Prairie's service. Users' personal identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and the use is approved.
The City of Grande Prairie uses security precautions to protect our users' information, which are appropriate given the sensitivity of the personal information collected. If users have any questions about our security policy, users can email questions to email@example.com.
CORRECTING/UPDATING/DELETING/DEACTIVATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If a user's personal identifiable information changes or if a user no longer desires our service, there is a provision to correct, update or delete/deactivate users' personal identifiable information. This can be done by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WEBSITES USE
The City of Grande Prairie
Postal Address: PO Bag 4000, Grande Prairie, AB, T8V 6V3
Web site: www.cityofgp.com