Community Social Development (CSD) is seeking a highly motivated Grande Prairie Local Immigration Partnership (GPLIP) Coordinator to join its dynamic team. This position is responsible for leading and coordinating a multi-sectoral partnership with agencies and stakeholders to address the priorities identified by the community regarding immigrants, newcomers and refugees within the City of Grande Prairie.
The GPLIP Coordinator is responsible for engaging, coordinating, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to implement the priorities identified by the GPLIP. The strategy identifies community needs, assets, and opportunities to address social gaps related to immigrants, newcomers and refugees.
This position also serves as a key resource for community agencies, citizens, immigrants, newcomers, refugees and local residents to promote capacity building and maximize opportunities for alignment, awareness, and engagement within the community.
This position reports to the Community Development Supervisor as well as the Local Immigration Partnership Council.
As GLIP Coordinator you will:
- Lead the Grande Prairie Local Immigration Council and the Immigrant Advisory Committee to promote, educate and bring awareness of social issues in the community concerning said population while providing regular updates as required or requested.
- Assist with identifying community-specific priorities and implement action plans to improve newcomer outcomes at the community level.
- Act as a liaison/convener with the GP Local Immigration Council and Immigrant Advisory Council, newcomer serving agencies, and local organizations.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to facilitate the development and implementation of GLIP strategies that help strengthen the capacity and engagement of newcomers, refugees and immigrants in the community.
- Ensure appropriate consultation, participation and facilitation by engaging the community and relevant stakeholder in the implementation of the GPLIP Strategy.
- Gathers appropriate data and information to report on outcomes, write reports and prepare grant proposals.
- Conducts needs assessment to better understand the community and recommend strategies designed to enhance newcomer integration, inform social planning and business development within CSD and the community.
As the GPLIP Coordinator your qualifications will include:
- Applicants must have successfully completed a Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Community Development, Public Administration; or other related field
- Fluent in French or second language considered an asset
- A minimum of two 2 years' experience in partnership development, community engagement, strategic planning, research and analysis, conflict resolution, community capacity building, and working with diverse groups.
- An understanding of multicultural and immigration issues would be an asset
- Outcome and logic model development experience considered an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
What We Offer
At the City of Grande Prairie we offer a great work environment with a dynamic team. We have wellness events, social activities, community fundraising activities and a supportive work environment where you can grow your career.
The City of Grande Prairie is proud to be an Employer of Choice.
Community Social Development
10030 - 102 Ave
Grande Prairie, AB
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some evening work will be required.
$28.67 per hour
Application & Selection Process
Create an account and submit your cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" tab on this web page.
Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.
Submit resume along with proof of qualifications
Applications will be reviewed, short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within 1 month of the closing date of this job posting.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive per job posting, we are not able to answer job specific questions before the interview stage. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.
This posting will be open until a suitable candidate(s) is/are found.
This posting may be used to fill future vacancies in this position.