Administrative Assistant - Temporary (six months)
The City of Grande Prairie, RCMP Department, is currently seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support RCMP members with the processing of documents required for the court process. This includes a significant amount of transcribing verbatim from evidentiary digital audio recordings.
The Administrative Assistant must be able to handle highly confidential and protected information, that can often be graphic and/or disturbing in nature. The ability to handle large work volumes, with strict deadlines, is also a necessity to be successful in this position. Attention to detail and accuracy is also essential, considering most work products are being prepared to support court proceedings.
1. Proficient and accurate transcription of evidentiary digital audio recordings.
2. Preparation of court documents and creating disclosure packages for court, via Adobe Acrobat.
3. Creating charge documents (Informations) required for the laying of Provincial and Federal charges.
4. Generating subpoenas, which are utilized to compel witnesses to court.
5. Responding to requests for information from RCMP members, by conducting queries via internal databases.
6. General administrative duties, such as supply ordering, minute taking, inventory and mail processing.
To be successful, you should possess a Business Administrative Certificate from a recognized educational institute, with a minimum of two years' experience working in a busy office environment, preferably in a law enforcement or legal environment. In addition, you should have prior experience transcribing digital audio recordings. It would be considered an asset to have work experience with the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) system, the Police Report and Occurrence System (PROS) and/or the Justice Online Information Network (JOIN) system. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered. Preference may be given to candidates who currently possess a RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance.
In addition, you must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following competencies:
What We Offer
The City of Grande Prairie provide support positions to the RCMP in a variety of roles. This full time temporary position is integral to supporting the RCMP's mandate by providing vital administrative support services. You will have excellent pay and working for an employer who recognizes and values that people have lives outside of work. For more information about working for the City of Grande Prairie, please visit https://www.cityofgp.com/.
The City of Grande Prairie is proud to be an Employer of Choice.
Grande Prairie RCMP Detachment
10202 - 99 Street
Grande Prairie, Alberta
8:00am - 4:00pm, 37.5 hours per week.
Salary Range of $28.67 - $35.21
Application & Selection Process
Create an account and submit your cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" tab on this web page.
Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.
1. Applicants must clearly illustrate, via the covering letter and/or resume, how they meet the Education and Experience factors outlined in the Qualifications section. Failure to do so, could result in the application no longer being considered in the selection process.
2. The selection process will include testing, interview and reference checks.
3. Candidates must possess or be able to obtain, and maintain, a RCMP Security Clearance, which is significantly more involved than a Police Information Check.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within 1 month of the closing date of this job posting.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive per job posting, we are not able to answer job specific questions before the interview stage. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.
This posting will be open until a suitable candidate(s) is/are found.
This posting may be used to fill future vacancies in this position.
|Applications are being accepted until May 24, 2019|
< < Back